03 March 6, 2014 Special HOA Meeting

Tanglewood Homeowner Association of Sebring, Inc.
Sebring, FL 33872

Special Board of Directors Meeting Minutes for March 6, 2014

The Special Board of Directors meeting was called to order by Don Toth at 7:00 P.M. in the Tanglewood rec hall bingo area. Don Toth led the Pledge of Allegiances to the flag.
Estimated number of residents in attendance was 67.
To reaffirm the HOA purpose, Don Toth read the HOA’s “Mission Statement.” In addition, all residents are welcome to the meeting whether they are paid or unpaid members of the HOA.
Don Toth announced this special BOD meeting was called for by a petition from the informal committee representing the Outback community in Tanglewood. He asked the Secretary, Merritt Wiley to read the first page of the petition. “To all Outback Resident home owners; the Outback Rent Proposal Committee met on two separate days, Friday, January 24 and Sunday, January 26. The committee has seven members who were randomly chosen from many who wanted to volunteer. Our seven committee members have worked enthusiastically over a two-day period to arrive at the proposal we are presenting to the Outback RV Resort Mobile Home Owners. We met and discussed all suggestions. The committee then worked to put together proposals which would best meet expectations of all Outback Resort Mobile Home Owners. Please review our proposal and then complete and return your ballot by Friday, January 31, 2014. On your ballet there will be the address for you to take your ballet. Your Committee, Jan Cartwright, Joe Iacuzzi, Bob Simonet, Nancy Smith, Marian Tenhove, Marty Vetal, Garland Wampler”. Don Toth went on to say there were three additional sheets include with this document. One of the included sheets was a ballet asking for a decision to move forward or not move forward with the proposed lease change. The ballet indicated 79 residents voted to proceed and one voted not to proceed.
Don Toth announced this was a special meeting for Tanglewood residents only.
Roll call was taken by Merritt Wiley. Present: Don Toth, Jack Nelson, George Weyrauch, Bob Cartwright, Charlie Coupe, Nancy Gallagher and Merritt Wiley. Jerry Callen was excused from the meeting. Don announced we have a quorum.
Don Toth asked for a motion to dispense with reading of the minutes from the previous board meeting. Jack Nelson made the motion; George Weyrauch seconded the motion and passed by all present board members.
Don Toth asked for a motion to dispense with the Officers and Committee reports. Jack Nelson made the motion; Charlie Coupe seconded the motion and passed by all present board members.
Unfinished business: Don Toth – A petition was received from the informal committee representing the Tanglewood Outback community requesting a special meeting with the Tanglewood BOD. Don Toth opened the meeting to the representative committee from the Outback and asked who the spokesperson is for this committee. Joe Iacuzzi identified himself and proceeded to introduce the remaining committee members; Nancy Smith, Marty Vetal, Marian Tenhove, Jan Cartwright, Garland Wampler and Bob Simonet. From Joe Iacuzzi, “there was an urging from the President of the HOA and the Outback community to formalize their request for changes to the Outback lease and meet with the BOD to discuss them”. Continuing, he would like to develop a dialog between the Outback committee and the BOD over their lease issues. In reply, Don Toth agreed “this is why the BOD was holding this special meeting”. Continuing, “We will document what your desires are and guide you as best we can based on our past three years’ experience with Hometown America. We will present your lease information along with additional information the Board has to Hometown America”. Joe Iacuzzi noted “we are not here to negotiate with the BOD but to only present their proposal to the BOD”. Don Toth replied “we are not here to negotiate with you but to hear your proposal and document it”. Bob Cartwright confirmed “we cannot negotiate your proposal with Hometown America but only present it to them”. Joe Iacuzzi quoted Don Toth and Merritt Wiley “the Outback residents have to realize they are leasing for an entire year”. Both parties agreed. Joe Iacuzzi asked “what does that mean in your terms”. Don Toth replied, “You do not remove your home when you are not here and Hometown America does not lease that property to anyone else”. Jack Nelson replied “723.031 states that no park owner can lease their property for less than one year. The six month lease is for six months and one day to avoid the 3% tourist development tax”. Further discussions ensued about the six in and six out lease with a common agreement that it was in fact a year around lease. From the Outback committee, there is concern as to how much the rent will increase at the end of their three year 5% annual increase lease. They are paying a premium for the six months occupancy but if you pay the additional $325.00 per month for Motorport homes and / or $250.00 per month for mobile homes the last six months, it is less expensive to stay a full year then the 3.9% full year lease. There is concern; if an owner walks away from their mobile home, are they still liable for the rent. From the BOD, yes they are if they do not sign the mobile home registration over to Hometown America. As far as the BOD knows, if you sign the registration for your mobile home over to Hometown America, you no longer own the home and are no longer liable for the rent. However, it is recommended that you consult with your attorney on this matter. The Outback committee questioned whether the BOD will negotiate a new lease. It was confirmed by the BOD they will do their best to negotiate a new lease but cannot negotiate the individual rent amounts. The BOD felt the concept for the proposed lease was great especially with the end lease base rate continuing into the new base rate. If Hometown America would agree to this type of lease it would be a great win for the Outback residents. The DBPR was discussed with their lack of policing 723 and the only way a 723 issue can be resolved is by a law suit. Joe Iacuzzi asked if it was possible to have someone from the BOD meet with the Outback committee on regular bases. Jack Nelson commented that we could have a board member serve as liaison person. Joe Iacuzzi will send a letter to the HOA requesting a liaison person from the board. Don Toth asked Joe Iacuzzi to submit a letter to the Tanglewood HOA with their lease proposal and Joe Iacuzzi agreed. Upon receipt, the BOD will complete a letter incorporating this proposal with additional items. It was agreed, before the HOA letter is given to Hometown America, it would be reviewed and agreed on by the Outback committee and reviewed by the HOA lawyer.
Don Toth asked for a motion to close the meeting at 8:25 P.M. George Weyrauch made a motion to close the meeting; it was seconded by Bob Cartwright and passed by all Board members.
Don Toth asked for comments and discussion from non-director members of the association.

Merritt Wiley – as its Secretary