03 March 16, 2016

TANGLEWOOD HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION OF SEBRING, INC.

 BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING

 Date: March 16, 2016

The monthly meeting of the Board of Directors was called to order by Don Toth at 7:00 P.M. in the Tanglewood rec hall, bingo area.  Estimated number of residents in attendance was 135.  Don Toth led the Pledge of Allegiance to the flag.  To reaffirm the HOA purpose, Don Toth read the HOA’s “Mission Statement”, and reminded the assembly that all residents are welcome to the meeting.  Roll call was taken by Nancy. Present: Don Toth, Jack Nelson, Bob Cartwright, Charlie Coupe, Judith Eckstein, Nancy Gallagher & Jay Etherton.  Don announced the presence of a quorum. Last meeting minutes from February 2016 meeting was accepted.
OFFICER REPORTS
President’s report: Don Toth:     Directory:  Independent firm is comprising it.  Outside businesses will advertise, it will be revised every year.  Merritt will report on the directory, later.
Jay Etherton will be HOA Ambassador, this is a new position, devising ways to increase membership and educate on it.  Janet Peterson and Judith Eckstein will jointly be recording secretary.
Vice President’s report:  Read by Jack:  Helpful information to be put in the new directory. Problem with the receiver at the front gate, reported to Tammy.  Gate:  HTA contracted with new company, more reliable & local.  Single are gate…will probably leave main gate open, except at night, no tailgating, trying to complete before we go home, but with new contractor, it may take longer.  Idea:  How can we improve safety around the park.  Perhaps blacktop sidewalks, will be submitted on the bid.
Secretary’s report:  Nancy Gallagher: no report
Treasurer’s report:  Bob Cartwright :  Feb 2016 ending balance:  $16,801.45
Expenses:  $2,516.00 for directors and officers insurance, Judith explained premium rates – based on number of homes in the community.  Insurance was being compared to TMAC, ours is rated completely differently.  Motion was made to approve the payment of insurance bill, by Jay Etherton and 2nd. By Judith Eckstein, carried.
Other Board Member reports:
Don Toth asked for a motion to accept all officer reports.  A motion to accept all officer reports was made by Jack, seconded by Charlie and passed by all Board members.
COMMITTEE REPORTS
Don Toth asked for committee reports:
Acquisition:  Don Toth:  Advised to not make another offer to purchase the community.
Amenities: Charlie Coupe reported the Amenities Committee is continuing to monitor the amenities thru out the park. Monthly meetings are being held with the park manager to discuss what has been accomplished and what new items have been added to the list that requires attention.  This report is posted on the HOA bulletin board.
Storm drain repairs and club house air and thermostats are finished.  Projects approved for summer 2016:  landscape for bash area, Outback comfort station remodel, well and irrigation for Outback, RV storage site update, road resurface/overlay.  Projects under contract:  barrier arm gates, pickle ball courts expansion.  Projects in process:  new street signs, pool coping boarder & furniture.
Manager has given the OK to install 10 ft./10 mph under current stop signs.
Communications: Charlie Coupe:  Email was sent to 80% community, and information is posted in the club house.
Comments and SuggestionsJudith explained details for using forms, and reviewed responses to 2015 and current concerns.  Everything is posted on  homeowners bulletin board.
Nominations and Elections committeeMerritt & Nancy:  No elections until next year,
Property rentsMerritt & Nancy: no report
Re- sales and Rentals committee: Judith Eckstein –   Four Star sales:  February 2 homes closed, average price $23,500.  Florida Mobile Homes:  February 4 homes closed, average price $28,475
Safety committee: Jack Nelson: Don displayed a sample of safety vest, purchased for $6, from Harbor Freight.
Statutory Committee: Don Toth had nothing to report. No need for committee at this time.
HOA Goodwill Ambassador:  Jay:  Will try to strengthen HOA with an effort to increase membership, everyone needs to encourage others.
Don asked for a motion to accept the committee reports which was made by Janet, seconded by Judith and passed by all Board members.
NEW BUSINESSDon commented that we should meet with other HTA communities for ideas and comparisons.
Last HOA audit was 2013, Bob will get in touch with Jeff Donde to do another one.
Comments made wondering why gate was not in yet, contractor did not have sufficient insurance as required by HTA, now $3,000,000 liability.
Bob Cartwright wondered are we paying for 1,259 homes or 1,094? There are 1094 actual homes, rest are in Outback, Judith will check into it.
Jack mentioned everyone should check contractor’s insurance before having work on homes.
Jay was asked why pool was closed early, during a meeting under the veranda.
UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
No unfinished business
OLD BUSINESS:
No old business

Don Toth asked for a motion to adjourn the meeting at 8:23 P.M. Jack made a motion to adjourn the meeting; it was seconded by Judith and passed by all Board members.

Don Toth asked for comments and discussion from non-director members of the association present at the meeting.

Respectfully submitted

Janet Peterson, Recording Secretary