04 March 15, 2017

Tanglewood Homeowner Association of Sebring, Inc.
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
March 15, 2017

The Board of Directors meeting was called to order by Don Toth at 07:00 P.M. in the Tanglewood Recreation Hall Bingo area. Don Toth led the Pledge of Allegiance. Number of residents counted in attendance was one hundred ninety seven.
To reaffirm the HOA purpose, Don Toth read the HOA’s “Mission Statement.” In addition, all residents are welcome to the meeting whether they are paid or unpaid members of the HOA.
Roll call was taken by Secretary Pam Batey. Those present: Don Toth, Jack Nelson, Bob Cartwright, Jeff Donde, Charlie Coupe, Pam Batey, Judith Eckstein, Tom Guinther, Jay Etherton, and Merritt Wiley. Don announced we have a quorum.
Don Toth asked for a motion to accept the February 2017 HOA Board Meeting Minutes. Bob Cartwright made a motion to accept the minutes; seconded by Jack Nelson and passed by all Board members.

President’s report: We have a new director that was voted on in last month’s organizational meeting. Pam Batey will fill in the unexpired term of Nancy Gallagher, as secretary for the remaining term this year. We have a full BOD, 11 Directors total under our HOA documents. Our now Vice President, Merritt Wiley, who heads up the nomination and election committee will report on this. Beverly Romesberg has submitted her resume to serve on the BOD. We asked that she serve on committees until there are openings on the board.
Our attorney toured the park today and was shown various amenities in need of repair, such as cracked sidewalks, clogged drains, sod issues, etc. which he will take into consideration on our behalf. This was his first visit to the park.

Exec. Vice President’s report: Jack Nelson, addressed the trash can situation; there will be a 35 gal container available after a 60-90 day waiting period, due to a back order. The recycle cans are scheduled to arrive by March 30th. If not, the exchange for the part time residents will take place when they return in the fall. Waste Connections will bill you for careless damage to the cans. If damaged by their pickup, WC will repair or replace at no cost to home owner. They are American made, manufactured in Orlando, Fl. Store the containers in your lanai, golf cart, or inside your house when gone for the season.

Comments and Suggestion: Tammy was approached about the garbage cans being left out at the curb or in the front yard. She is willing to work with anyone having difficulty keeping them out of site.

Vice President’s report: Merritt Wiley reiterated the storage of trash cans should not be a problem once the 35 gallon containers arrive. Nothing else to report.

Secretary’s report: Nothing to report.

Treasurer’s report: Bob Cartwright gave the treasurer’s report for the month of February. Beginning balance for February was $17,655.18. Deposits made were $1740.00 with total expenses of $121.70. Ending balance as of February 28th was $19,273.48. Bob asked for approval to pay the insurance bill for 2017 which is $2490.00. Don Toth asked for a motion to pay the insurance bill. Jack Nelson made the motion to pay, was seconded by Judith Eckstein and passed by all members to pay the bill.
Bob Cartwright stated Tom Guinther is also assisting him with data and communications.
Bob read an anonymous note he received in the mail about HOA membership. The complaint mentioned lot rent and incorrect information for phones and addresses.

Comments and Suggestions: Bob clarified to the members that our knowledge concerning phone and address changes is only as accurate as the information we receive from HTA or when they join the HOA and fill out the form. Currently 39% of residents are members of the HOA. (424 members).

Jack made a motion to accept the Treasurer’s report, seconded by Judith and passed by all Board members.

Other Board Member reports: no other reports given

Don Toth asked for committee reports:

Amenities: Charlie Coupe listed the Projects Update. (Tammy’s response is italicized)
Four Delayed 2016 Projects:
1. RV Storage Saving and update;(we’re still looking into other avenues)
2. Replace concrete pads in the Outback; (moved to 2018)
3. Concrete sidewalk repairs; (we will do an emergency expenditure once 2017 projects are in; 2 bids are in and one to be received this week).
4. Status of the Grass Area in the Bash; (we will be back on it again soon, our maintenance crew was very thin during the holidays).
Planned 2017 projects: (Tammy’s response is italicized)
Install four new 65” TV’s in Clubhouse; summer project under bid.
Install dog wash station at the comfort station in the Outback; summer project under bid.
Resurface the swimming pool; summer project under bid.
Install New salt chlorinator systems; bids have been received will begin this week
New countertops, sinks, flooring in restrooms; under bid.
Cover and install new bumpers on pool tables; all bids received, sent to corporate for approval.
Landscape update at the clubhouse; bids received will begin this week
Exhaust fan installed at the workshop; one bid received, two more out for bid.
Paint exterior of the woodshop and the business office; all bids received, sending to corporate for approval. Paint the concrete at the clubhouse; summer project under bid.
Road repair and maintenance; summer project, under bid.
Professional Sound Study; recommendations for further noise reduction, one bid received, more out for bid. Putting and chipping greens; will be removed, project under bid.
The Wish List: Projects that would affect Health & Safety for all residents. (Tammy’s response is italicized)
1. Sidewalks around the clubhouse circle; (we have a list to go over for 2018 to finalize bids)
2. Pave the golf cart path behind Dreamcatcher; (Came in with our paver this week to finalize bids.)
3. Dual lane entrance at both gates which consists of a main line for residents with clickers, pin pads and an exit for either call station for HTA assistance; (We’ll look into this.)
4. Food stand by the activity center, breakfast /lunch, make a food/drink gazebo. Invite vendors, pay for new gazebo, and sit in bash area with umbrellas; (sounds like a good plan, I will run it by corporate).

Comments and Suggestions: Residents in Dream Catcher, Randy & Carolyn Curtis, have started a small business called “Dogs on The Run” a hot dog stand, to run from 11:30 – 4:00 PM in various areas of the park on weekends.

Communications: There have been 70-80 different changes in the directory since distribution over the past three months. At the end of March, June, and September, an email will be sent for residents to update. A new directory will be printed at the end of the year.
Monitoring Security, Heath & Safety. Email concerns to: tanglewood.sebring.hoa.com. A message will be sent to Tammy, and we will follow up to ensure a satisfactory solution.

Comments and Suggestions Don Toth stated they shouldn’t need bids for the maintenance. Today we spent time with our attorney, to show him specifics. We are going to take his advice on these issues. Its HTA responsibility to take care of maintenance. We will keep you informed of the progress.

Resales and rentals committee: Unintentionally omitted. Will report both March and April at next board meeting.

Director Jeff Donde: Referred to the Treasurer’s report. Nothing else to report.

Committee report acceptance: Don asked, if there was no other business, for a motion to accept the committee reports, motion by Merritt, seconded by Jay and passed by all board members.

Unfinished business: Jack Nelson has an assistant who lives in Tanglewood to accompany him taking photos of amenities in need of repair such as; clogged drains, broken sidewalks, etc. This will be an ongoing assignment. He is on the committee for Safety & Construction.

New business: Don Toth had two items to review.
First: He spoke with Tammy about changing the policy for trash can storage. She was reluctant to do so, as are the residents reluctant to the new storage policy. She is willing to work with anyone concerning the matter, but they must be out of site after trash pickup. This should not be an issue once the smaller containers arrive.
Second: Resident behavior at HTA bashes and functions. There were four kegs of beer at the last bash and HTA ran out. Several residents ‘complained’ about it by cursing, and being inconsiderate. People were coming up with pitchers to be filled. HTA does not have to sponsor events. Tammy asked that this be mentioned at the next meeting.

Old business: Pickle ball courts; during recent tournaments visitors were parking cars in the grassy area of the circle. It was proposed that Pickle ball management assign someone to enforce the” no parking cars on the circle in grass areas” during their events. Tammy plans to have No Parking signs posted where necessary. Golf Carts, however, ARE permitted to park in the grass due to their smaller size and weight except where “No cart parking” signs are posted. Tammy has been asked to have the area across from the sail boating, to be blacktopped. There are plans in the ‘future’ for a parking lot around the pickle ball courts. The sound study still has not been performed around the pickle ball area.
Bob Cartwright stated he is still waiting for notification from the bank concerning a Visa Credit card. Don and Jack gave the update on gate security using a transponder. The cost is relatively inexpensive. Ray Berk will report back within the next month with cost details. The transponder will stop vendors from coming in too early, and restrict nonresidents. This would also eliminate those who no longer live here from using their old clicker.

Don Toth asked for a motion to close the meeting at 7:50 P.M. Jack made a motion to close; it was seconded by Bob Cartwright and passed by all Board members.

Don Toth opened the floor for comments and discussion from non-director members of the association.

Respectfully Submitted
Pam Batey, Recording Secretary