01 January 15, 2014

Tanglewood Homeowner Association of Sebring, Inc.
Sebring, FL 33872

Board of Directors Meeting Minutes for January 15, 2014

The Board of Directors meeting was called to order by Don Toth at 10:00 A.M. in the Tanglewood rec hall bingo area. Don Toth led the Pledge of Allegiances to the flag.
Estimated number of residents in attendance was 267.
To reaffirm the HOA purpose, Don Toth read the HOA’s “Mission Statement.” In addition, all residents are welcome to the meeting whether they are paid or unpaid members of the HOA.
Roll call was taken by Merritt Wiley. Present: Don Toth, Jack Nelson, George Weyrauch, Bob Cartwright, Jerry Callen, Charlie Coupe, Nancy Gallagher and Merritt Wiley. Don announced we have a quorum.
Don Toth asked for a motion to accept the December 18, 2013 HOA Board meeting minutes. Jerry Callen made a motion to accept the minutes; it was seconded by Bob Cartwright and passed by all Board members.
President’s report: Don Toth announced all HOA committees will be chaired by a Board member and will be responsible for findings and recommendations to Hometown America. Committees will meet once per month. The BOD has and will continue to meet with management each month. The BOD has met with a local Attorney Michael Keiber and presented with our dilemma regarding the Outback lease situation. A decision will be made by the BOD to determine if he meets our needs and possibly using his services. We then can come to a decision on how to address the Outback situation.
Vice President’s report: Jack Nelson had nothing to report.
Secretary’s report: Merritt Wiley thanked Nancy Gallagher for filling in as secretary at our December BOD meeting. The question was asked, “should I delete the 2012 meeting minutes from our web site”. Jack Nelson responded, “This information can be archived on the web site” and all Board members agreed to archive the 2012 HOA meeting minutes from 2012. It was asked if anyone was interested in serving on the Board. Joe Iacuzzi volunteered to serve on the BOD. His acceptance by the BOD will be voted on by the BOD at their next regular scheduled HOA meeting February 19, 2014.
Treasurer’s report: Bob Cartwright gave the treasurer’s report for the month of December. Beginning balance for December 1, 2013 was $7,072.04. Deposits made were $3,985.00 with total expenses of $50.00. Ending balance as of December 31, 2013 was $11,007.04. George Weyrauch made a motion to accept the Treasurer’s report, seconded by Jerry Callen and passed by all Board members.
Other Board Member reports:
Jerry Callen reported there were 97 homes sold in 2013 and currently 98 homes for sale. There are only three homes for sale and under $20,000.00 with the remaining homes at an average of $34,000.00.
No other reports were given by Board members.
Don Toth asked for a motion to accept all officer reports. Jack Nelson made the motion to accept all officer reports; it was seconded by George Weyrauch and passed by all Board members.
Don Toth asked for committee reports:
Property rents committee: Nothing to report.
Amenities committee: Charlie Coupe reported the responsibility of the Amenities committee will be to monitor all 24 amenities, common property and pests problems and report any problems to the Board and park management.
Communications committee: Charlie Coupe reported the Communications committee will inform residents of HOA activity by email and home delivery if required. If a resident would like to contact the HOA via email the address is: Tanglewood.sebringhoa@gmail.com.
Resales and rentals committee: Jerry Callen included the resale’s report with his director’s report. See above.
Acquisitions committee: Nothing to report at this time.
Suggestions and Comments committee: Janet Peterson reported their committee have logged in all “Suggestions and Comments” received signed or unsigned and will act on them accordingly. Janet’s full report will be posted on the bulletin board in the bingo room. Jim Child reported the committee will be submitting a request to management to remove the “Homes starting at $20,000.00” sign. Some residents are concerned with the ascetics of the food vendors unit parked in the club house parking lot. Management will add a fence between the shuffle board courts and the vendors unit. Yard lamp at empty home not repaired. To resolve the continuing speeding problem, management is looking into cost to add speed tables and will include in the 2015 budget. When the horizontal gate at the storage area is closing, it will not stop if there is an obstruction in its way. On the federal Consumer Products Safety Commission web site, the committee found two safety devices are required on all horizontal gates. They met with management and they are willing to add a light safety switch to the gate. The committee recommended residents keep children away from this gate. Water aerobics are allowed to turn the pool area radio on and off as required. A request to install a metal roof on a resident’s home is still in the hands of management and still waiting for an answer.
Safety committee: Jack Nelson thanked those people who are walking at night for wearing light clothing and using flash lights. Warned people to make themselves visible at all times and not walk three wide.
Outside vendors committee: Ray Demyan reported the committee is putting together a list of questions you should ask an outside vendor before you have any work completed on your home or yard. The committee is not recommending who you should hire. This list will be available to all residents when completed.
Elections committee: Merritt Wiley is talking with our lawyer about the timing for reelection of board members.
Statutory Committee: Don Toth had nothing to report.
Committee report acceptance: Jack Nelson made a motion to accept the committee reports, seconded by George Weyrauch and passed by all Board members.
Unfinished business: There was no unfinished business.
Old business: There was no old business.
New business: There was no new business.
Don Toth asked for comments and discussion from non-director members of the association.
Don Toth asked for a motion to close the meeting at 11:20 A.M. Jack Nelson made a motion to close the meeting; it was seconded by George Weyrauch and passed by all Board members.

Merritt Wiley – as its Secretary